Children and Divorce:
A Seminar for Divorcing Parents
Divorce is traumatic and involves painful changes for all the members
of a family. This four-hour educational class for divorcing parents focuses
on the needs of children at this crucial time. The seminar is designed
to meet the guidelines of the Tennessee Parenting Plan Law. The program
must be completed within 90 days of filing for your divorce.
- Feelings created by the divorce
- Characteristic reactions of the children
- Developmental stages and needs of children
- Communication techniques that work (Do’s and Don’ts)
- Coping skills for children
- Resources in the community
The seminar is based on a nationally known program that has been used
in a number of other states. The presentation includes lecture, discussion,
and videotapes. Participation in discussion is strictly voluntary. Divorcing
couples may prefer to attend separate sessions.
Parenting Skills Institute – Who We Are:
Parenting Skills Institute is a group of licensed professionals in the
fields of counseling, social work, and education of youngsters. The Institute
is committed to improving the quality of lives of children.
The four-hour seminar is offered both in daytime and evening sessions.
Participants will receive a certificate upon completion and their attendance
will be reported to the court.
Our staff includes Professional Counselors, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Educators, and Mediators.
- We have a qualified professional staff and have been court approved
- We use an innovative, creative and interesting program.
- More than 96% of our participants say our class is informative and
- Our class has been voted the best by thousands of participants.
- Your clients will thank you!
What People Are Saying...
"Entertaining and informative" – Amber M.
"This class is the best. Keep up the good work!" – Jenny
"Fun! Informative! Moved fast!!" – Clint S.
"This class and its presenters were awesome. Great class!" – Robert
"This class blessed me and helped me to look at things differently." – Tamika